Lindy Electronics has launched a new range of USB-C Gen 2 cables engineered to transmit video, audio, and data over extended lengths. USB active cables allow users to extend the connection distance between two USB devices. These cables feature integrated active electronics to boost the signal for high-speed data transfer.
The Lindy USB 3.2 Gen 2 Active Cable uses built-in active electronics to extend the cable length of a USB device by an additional 3m whilst continuing to support fast and efficient data transfer rates of up to 10Gbps as well as Displayport 1.4 Alternate Mode. It combines data, video and USB Power Delivery into one cable which makes it a great solution for use in modern meeting rooms and classrooms when connecting LFDs and touch panels.
When sending DP 1.4 signals, only USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps can be supported. USB 3.2 Gen 2 with data rates up to 10Gbps can be achieved when sending DP 1.2 signals with resolutions up to 4K 60Hz. The cable also supports Power Delivery up to 60W (20V / 3A). Compatible with USB 3.2 Type C and Thunderbolt 3 equipped computers, this is a perfect extension tool for the latest laptops, Macbooks and Type C computers. With plug and play functionality, this extension cable can be installed quickly and with minimum fuss.
- 3m and 5m USB 3.2 Gen 2 Active Cable for video, audio and data
- Supports DisplayPort 1.4 Alternate Mode with video resolutions up to UHD 8K 7680×4320@60Hz including 4K 4096×2160@120Hz
- Data transfer rates up to 10Gbps
- Supports Power Delivery up to 60W (20V / 3A
Also Launched is the 10-meter variant. The Lindy USB 3.2 Gen 1 & DP 1.4 Type C Hybrid Cable is a unique solution, which uses optical fibre as high-speed transmission medium to perfectly transmit USB 3.2 as well as DP 1.4 data over a distance of 10m. It combines data, video and USB Power Delivery into a single, high performance cable.
- 10m USB 3.2 Gen 2 & DP 1.4 Type C Hybrid Cable for video, audio and data
- Supports DisplayPort 1.4 Alternate Mode with video resolutions up to 4K 3840×2160@60Hz
- Data transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- Supports Power Delivery up to 60W (20V 3A)