ConnectWise, the world’s leading software company dedicated to the success of IT solution providers (TSPs), hosted its annual cybersecurity conference, IT Nation Secure, to discuss challenges, opportunities, and solutions as it relates to some of the most pressing topics in the cybersecurity arena.
“We can’t sit idly by or use the same methods of the past,” said Jason Magee, chief executive officer of ConnectWise. “Threat actors have motives. We need to understand them, prepare for them, and defend against them. Cybersecurity attacks continue to rise and there is a notable lack of confidence among SMBs about capabilities and resources to defend against bad actors. SMBs need a trusted partner to provide expertise, streamline processes and offer solutions in-house.”
The company announced enhancements and innovation—powered by the Asio platform. With the platform’s modern architecture, ConnectWise is making updates to its industry leading solutions monthly, weekly, and even daily in some cases. Some of the latest highlights within the security portfolio include:
- ConnectWise SaaS Security: New capabilities are available including Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace monitoring and alerting, self-service integrations, alert opt-in/out flexibility, and more—all with a user interface that fully lives within the Asio experience.
- ConnectWise Vulnerability Management: Originally launched in the winter with on-demand vulnerability scanning, the solution has now expanded to include seamless vulnerability patching and remediation.
- ConnectWise SIEM: This solution now also includes Microsoft Azure monitoring, EDR and IDS dashboards, a common event schema for easier log analyses, and improved historical data access.
- ConnectWise SOC Services Hero Report: TSPs can now get advanced visibility within the Asio experience into the ConnectWise MDR service and the value the SOC provides. Graphic displays present insights on suspicious alerts, true and false positives, and investigated alerts.
- ConnectWise RMM ConnectWise RMM will now offer network monitoring and management capabilities through an expanded partnership and seamless integration with Auvik; helping MSPs to easily see and manage their client networks.
Building on announcements with Exium and Evo Security in November, ConnectWise also announced a new collaboration with Proofpoint to help protect TSPs from email-borne attacks, which remain one of the most common attack vectors.
Knowing how critical it is to be up and running in the case of a security attack or breach, ConnectWise also announced Axcient, a leader in appliance-based and direct to cloud backup, as its newest strategic backup vendor for ConnectWise Co-Managed Backup. Now, ConnectWise partners can leverage ConnectWise NOC Services with Axcient to save 80-90% of the time it takes to manage backup tasks—freeing up TSP techs. Also, a native integration for ConnectWise RMM allows TSP partners to deploy Axcient agents, monitor alerts, and set backup policies.