Snowflake’s launch of its Retail Data Cloud, unites Snowflake’s data platform, Snowflake- and partner-delivered solutions, and industry-specific datasets.
With Snowflake’s Retail Data Cloud, businesses can:
- Integrate all of their data virtually regardless of source, speed, or format, and operate from a single source of truth
- Enable regulatory compliance through data governance with a suite of easily managed security capabilities including data clean room functionality, auditability features like double-blind joins, restricted queries, centralised RBAC, and row/columnar level obfuscation that enable data to be shared without movement and risk of revealing PII
- Optimise operations with elastic performance, scaling up to meet the analytics needs during seasonal peaks and down to improve efficiencies and profitability
- Share data across their ecosystem in near real-time across three major public cloud platforms
- Leverage industry-specific, pre-built solutions created by Snowflake’s network of partners, from standard data models to AI/ML-powered insights, to reduce time to value and increase the impact of their investments
“As a global CPG company, the ability to quickly respond to changes in the marketplace has been essential to how we optimise operations during periods of uncertainty,” said Jorge Balestra, Global Head of Machine Learnings Operations at Kraft Heinz. “Snowflake’s Retail Data Cloud enables us to tie together data from numerous sources on purchase orders, inventory, and manufacturing, as well as collaborate on data in virtually real-time with partners like Albertsons, all in one place for end-to-end supply chain visibility that leaves zero ambiguity in our business. Snowflake has been vital to Kraft Heinz digital transformation and is enabling us to now focus resources on innovation for our customers.”
Read the latest edition of PCR’s monthly magazine here:
Like this content? Sign up for the free PCR Daily Digest email service to get the latest tech news straight to your inbox. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.