Synology has launched three new products, the FS6400, SA3400 and DS620slim. In addition Synology UK has also announced its cooperation with StorTrec UK to provide and enhance post-sale service for the UK and Ireland.
“Synology renews the product portfolio for high-end models to offer more options tailored to demands from various business workloads,” said Jason Fan, product manager at Synology Inc.
“When it comes to data management, performance and capacity are two central concerns facing businesses. Therefore, we developed the FS and SA series to address these specific concerns from IT administration. All these are to eliminate storage silos and enable businesses to realise the potential value of their important data.”
Joint with the release of FS and SA product line, Synology UK has announced cooperation with StorTrec UK Ltd. to enhance post-sales service coverage for UK and Ireland.
“Business need more than a robust storage device. Equally important are the software features and hardware service to protect the data inside and keep it up and running” said Nicole Lin, managing director at Synology UK.
“Synology is the industry’s best in backup and data protection technology. We’re partnering with StorTrec to extend hardware service to the door of every business. We believe their expertise and a decade of experience in the field will benefit our users.”
Mark Narraway, managing director at StorTrec UK, added: “The demand for Synology has increased significantly over the past two years and their failure rate is astonishingly low. We have faith in their products and are very glad to offer professional services for Synology customers. I believe Synology users who don’t have service contracts in place will like our offering, including 24×7 phone line remote diagnosis, 4-hour response on-site and comprehensive replacement service covering hard drives and spare parts.”
The service packs are available across Synology DiskStation, RackStation, FlashStation, SA series and expansion units.
FS6400 is armed with dual Intel Xeon Silver 8-core processors, delivering over 240,000 iSCSI 4K random write IOPS and responding to the demand for higher performance. The new all-flash storage FS6400 is ideal for your virtualised environments, databases, web-based applications to build a data-centric architecture to realise storage acceleration.
- Scalability: Up to 48 drives with two RX1217sas, or 72 drives with two RX2417sas
- Memory: 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM, expandable up to 512GB
- 10GbE built-in: 2 x 10GbE and 2 x 1GbE Ethernet ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation
- PCIe expansion: 2 x PCIe 3.0 slots for additional network interface cards
- Performance: Over 240,000 iSCSI 4K random write IOPS
SA3400, the first model in the SA series, serves as the successor of RS18017xs+ with an upgraded CPU from 6 to 8 cores and a 50% performance boost in 4K random read IOPS. Equipped with an 8-core, 2.1 GHz CPU and 16GB ECC RDIMM memory and scalable up to 1,536TB with little to unnoticeable performance degradation, SA3400 provides more than 1 petabyte raw capacity, ideal for video post-production and massive surveillance deployment.
- Scalability: Up to 180 drives with 7 x RX2417sas, or 96 drives with 7 x RX1217sas
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM, expandable up to 128GB
- 10GbE built-in: 2 x 10GbE and 4 x 1GbE Ethernet ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation
- PCIe expansion: 2 x PCIe slots for additional network interface cards
- Performance: Over 5,520 MB/s sequential throughput and 304,277 random IOPS
Powered by Intel Celeron J3355 2-core processor and 2GB DDR3L memory expandable to 6GB, DS620slim is a 6-bay NAS packed with Synology’s classic capabilities. For modern households and studios looking for extraordinary streaming experience, DS620slim is an ideal choice to deliver 4K video transcoding.
- Compact design: Dimensions of 121 x 151 x 175 mm, flexible to fit in anywhere
- Excellent encryption performance: Over 226 MB/s and 198 MB/s sequential reading and writing
- RAID flexibility: Variety of RAID configurations available to realise maximum 30TB raw capacity
- SSD cache support: Enhance storage performance with SSD read/write cache while still having abundant drive bays for data storage
- Network: Dual 1GbE LAN ports for network failover and Link Aggregation
Like this content? Sign up for the free PCR Daily Digest email service to get the latest tech news straight to your inbox. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.