Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has shot straight to the top of the boxed UK Full Price PC game chart, ahead of Football Manager 2013.
The online RPG game, from Square Enix, is a revised version of Final Fantasy XIV which originally launched in September 2010. After receiving a poor response, the publisher decided to go back to the drawing board and overhaul the title.
The result is a better game, but one that has so far been marred by online login issues.
A Realm Reborn – available for PS3 and PC – also entered the All Formats Top 40 at number three, where Saints Row IV is at number one while Splinter Cell: Blacklist sits at number two.
The Sims 3 remains in the PC Top Three, having spent more than four years in the chart. Football Manager 2013 moves up a couple of places to number two.
Here’s the full PC Top Ten for the week ending August 31st, 2013:
1. Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix)
2. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
3. The Sims 3 (EA)
4. The Sims 3: Island Paradise (EA)
5. The Sims 3: University Life (EA)
6. Company of Heroes 2 (Sega)
7. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
8. Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. The Sims 3: Starter Bundle (EA)
10. SimCity (EA)
Source: Ukie Games Charts©, compiled by GfK Chart-Track